Have you always wanted to be part of an exciting analytics start-up, developing new technology and delivering innovative analytic solutions that solve incredibly challenging business problems? In this role, you will be a key member of our team advancing our data and analytics platform to solve our customers’ unique challenges.
Availability: Full time
Location: Melbourne or Adelaide
Industry: Analytics. Software. Financial Services.
How to apply: Send a short, clever, personalised email to email@example.com
What makes us different
Our senior team has a track record of successful exits in the Analytics space. Our expertise, network and culture are driving our start-up forward into this phase of growth.
I have 10+ years’ experience building large business intelligence and analytics solutions in the private and public sectors.
My co-founder sold his previous analytics firm to Deloitte and counted some of the largest multinationals amongst his clients.
We are rapidly gaining traction within our niche, the $2.8T superannuation industry. Our customers are amazing advocates for our work.
Our team blends commercial and technology skillsets. We aren’t clever techies guessing at cool problems to solve, we are solving the toughest problems we encountered in our commercial roles.
There are no echo chambers here, or skill gaps on the technical or commercial side that can really stifle a start-up.
We are lean and agile: no committees or bureaucracy get in the way. We embrace creativity not stifle it.
What we’re looking for
An AWS Systems Engineer with 2+ years’ experience hands on with a range of AWS services. You job is to help automate and improve our SaaS analytics platform working with AWS technologies. You will have solid skills in cloud architectures, virtualised environments, network topologies, cloud security, and serverless technologies.
You are super smart,
adaptable, understand how the analytics technology landscape is changing, and
have always wanted to work in a culture that provides the freedom to innovate
with cutting edge technology and apply this to our superfund data &
What makes this role different
Apply what you have learned through your experience, or knowledge you’ve gained on the latest technology, and build great solutions for our clients and be a key member in developing a truly scalable and user intuitive data & analytics platform.
Experience a supportive culture where your voice will be heard, and you’ll be exposed to all facets of a start-up and be given the opportunity to grow as a person and a professional.
An employee share option plan will be offered to the right person.
Like everyone in our company, you must have a thinking-outside-the-box mentality, and enjoy solving interesting challenges with your team. You will be constantly thinking how we can optimise our technology platform and identifying ways of leveraging new tech to scale our analytics platform.
These are the primary responsibilities of an AWS System Engineer. You will no doubt excel in some competencies more than others. Don’t stress, we work in a team in all aspects of our jobs. You will be learning a lot from your team mates, as we hope to learn from you.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Experience delivering and managing AWS across infrastructure, custom application delivery, monitoring, security, automation and budgeting
- Experience with network architecture, design and build/configuration
- Experience defining, managing and executing HA/DR policies and systems
- A keen interest and understanding of SaaS/PaaS principles, e.g. serverless, DevOPs, CI/AD
You will be part of an agile, fast-paced, collaborative team responsible for onboarding our customer’s data and people to our data platform, modelling data, assisting with our on-going delivery processes.
You will be working alongside the Founders, and with client business leaders, to optimise our analytics platform, and extend it in ways that deliver business insights and value in an agile and collaborative way. This work will be creative, inspired, original and great fun.
- Immediate start for the right person. This is a full-time role. This opportunity will suit entrepreneurial and innovator mindsets who wants to create their own path, and not live someone else’s.
- Salary: A competitive salary will be negotiated. Please do not engage with this opportunity if you have an “employee mindset”. Entrepreneurial minded technologists only. Future opportunities including employee share options will be considered for the right team members.
- How we work:
- We work smarter, not harder. We get stuff done. We work as a team. We are learning each day. We are certainly not perfect but we aim for perfection each day.
- We focus on output, not the amount of hours that your boss sees you slaving over your desk from 7am – 7pm. That is not effective. It is just stupid. We are adults. Flexibility is part of our DNA. We have young kids (one of us has 3 kids under 12 years of age, one has just swum the English Channel) and still do amazing work whilst juggling things. It’s possible for us. It’s possible for you.
- Flexibility and trust is the key. We trust each other. We deliver. We get things done. It’s pretty simple. Crazy but true.
About Laneway Analytics
Laneway Analytics help super funds identify and visualise the data they need to bridge the gap between data and the business to better understand members, fund performance, and differentiate and improve their services and products.
Our mission is to partner with super funds to accelerate their journey towards a culture of data-led decision making for the future.